Last updated: June 27th, 2022
OpenUnit Inc. and its affiliates (“OpenUnit”, “we”, “our” or “us”) recognize the importance of privacy. The purpose of this Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) is to inform you (“you” or “your”) about our privacy practices, including how we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information (as defined herein).
This Privacy Statement relates to all of our operations, unless we have provided you with a separate Privacy Statement for a particular product, service or activity.
Privacy Statement Updates
This Privacy Statement is current as of the “last updated” date which appears at the top of this page. We may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time and we will provide you of notice of changes to this Privacy Statement. When changes are made to this Privacy Statement they will become effective on the date set out in any notice or on the “updated” date as published in a revised Privacy Statement posted on our website.
Please review this Privacy Statement carefully. By submitting your Personal Information to us, by registering for or using any of the services we offer, by using our website, or by voluntarily interacting with us, you consent to our collecting, using and disclosing your Personal Information as set out in this Privacy Statement, as revised from time to time.
OpenUnit services may allow you to access services provided by others and to interact with other service providers. Where you choose to use services provided by others or interact with other service providers, you consent to us disclosing your Personal Information to those third party service providers to facilitate your use or interaction with those services and providers.
What's in this privacy statement?
This Privacy Statement addresses the following topics:
- Meaning of Personal Information
- Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Opting Out of Communications
- Retention of Personal Information
- Information Security
- Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
- International Transfer and Storage of Information
- Third Party Websites and Services
- Children’s Information
- How to Contact Us
Meaning of Personal Information
"Personal Information" means information about an identifiable individual as described under applicable privacy laws. This information may include (without limitation) your name, mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number.
Personal Information does not include any business contact information that is solely used to communicate with you in relation to your employment, business or profession, such as (without limitation) your name, position name or title, work address, work telephone number, work fax number or work electronic address.
Personal Information also does not include information that has been anonymized or aggregated in such a way that there is no serious possibility it can be used to identify an individual, whether on its own or in combination with other information.
Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
We collect, use and disclose your Personal Information with your consent or as permitted or required by law. How we obtain your consent (i.e., the form we use) will depend on the circumstances, as well as the sensitivity of the information collected. Subject to applicable laws, your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the Personal Information in question. If you choose to provide Personal Information to us, we assume that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below. However, before we implement the withdrawal of consent, we may require proof of your identity. In some cases, withdrawal of your consent may mean that we will no longer be able to provide certain products or services.
If you provide Personal Information about another individual to us, it is your responsibility to obtain the consent of that individual to enable us to collect, use and disclose his or her information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Personal Information We Collect
The Personal Information we collect is generally in one or more of the following categories.
Products and Services.
For individuals who use our products and services, we may collect information from you or from your use of our products or services.
- Information you submit to us: we collect information that you submit through your use of our products or services, including information you provide in connection with the creation and management of your account for our products or services, such as your name, e-mail address and other contact information and password.
- Information we collect when you use the communication functions within the Services: managing, recording and storing communications between you and us, such as audio recordings and transcriptions of voice calls, text-based messages, and chat history.
- Information we automatically collect: we collect log data and usage information relating to your use of our products and services.
For individuals who visit our websites located at https://www.openunit.com/, https://www.openunit.ca/ or any of our related websites (collectively, “our website”), we may collect information from you or from your activities on the site.
- Like most websites and other Internet services, we may collect certain technical and device information about your use of our website. Such information may include your Internet protocol address, information about your device, browser and operating system, and the date and time of your visit.
- We may also use “web beacons” to better understand how our website is being used and to enhance your online experience. Web beacons are Internet tools that help us determine, for example, whether a page of our website has been viewed.
- Other intractions. For individuals who otherwise interact with us, whether in person, by phone or email, through social media or otherwise, including individuals who might be interested in acquiring our products or services, who sign-up to receive newsletters or other communications, or who respond to surveys and questionnaires, we may collect information that you provide to us during these interactions. This information may include your name, e-mail address and other contact information.
We do not collect payment card information. If you make an online payment using a payment card, such as a credit card or debit card, you are connected directly to our online payment processing service provider and your payment card information is collected and processed by that service provider.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information and other information for purposes such as:
- providing you with our products and services and supporting your use of our products and services;
- contacting you relating to our products and services;
- monitoring the usage of and improve our products and services to support their proper functioning and further improvement;
- analyzing the needs and activities of our customers to help us better serve them;
- generating de-identified data to conduct research and analysis related to our business, products and services;
- responding to inquiries and other requests;
- collecting opinions and comments about our products and services;
- providing you with information that we think may interest you, including information about our products and services; and
- investigating legal claims.
We may use your Personal Information and other information for purposes for which we have obtained your consent, and for such other purposes as may be permitted or required by applicable privacy laws.
We may use the information we collect to advertise third party products and services or targeted advertising of OpenUnit products and services across third party websites or service offerings. You may opt-out by contacting us directly using the contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Opting Out of Communications
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive from us. You may also opt-out by contacting us directly using the contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We will endeavour to respond to your opt-out request promptly, but we ask that you please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. Please note that if you opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails, we may still need to send you communications about your use of our products or services, or other matters.
Retention of Personal Information
We will use, disclose or retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that Personal Information was collected and as permitted or required by applicable privacy laws.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures with a view to protecting your Personal Information and other information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We have taken steps to ensure that the only personnel who are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
Despite the measure outlined above, no method of information transmission or information storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with updates to your Personal Information, when required. We will not routinely update your Personal Information, unless such a process is necessary. You may make a written request to review any Personal Information about you that we have collected, used or disclosed, and we will provide you with any such Personal Information to the extent required by applicable laws. You may also challenge the accuracy or completeness of your Personal Information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your Personal Information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the Personal Information as required.
We may require that you provide sufficient identification to fulfill your request to access or correct your Personal Information. Any such identifying information will be used only for this purpose.
International Transfer and Storage of Information
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed at our offices in Canada or at the offices of our third party service providers in Canada and the United States. Other jurisdictions may have different data protection rules than Canada. While such information is outside of your country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is located. Those laws may require disclosure of your Personal Information to authorities in that country. For written information about our policies and practices regarding service providers outside of Canada, contact us using the contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Third Party Websites and Services
OpenUnit services may allow you to access services provided by others and to interact with other service providers. These services provided by others are subject to the privacy practices of the third-party service provider and are governed by their privacy statements and policies, not those of OpenUnit. We may also provide links to third party websites for your convenience and information. This Privacy Statement does not extend to any websites or products or services provided by third parties. We do not assume responsibility for the privacy practices of such third parties, and we encourage you to review all third party privacy policies prior to using third party websites or products or services.
Our products and services are not intended for children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. Children under the age of 16 should not use our products and services and should not provide us with their Personal Information.
How to Contact Us
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information or our privacy practices should be sent to our Privacy Officer as follows:
200 - 60 Atlantic Ave
Toronto Ontario Canada M6K 1X9